No experience is necessary to join the Board of Directors, but some skills and experiences would be an asset:
Ability to work well and communicate within a volunteer based, grassroots, non-profit setting;
- Experience with consensus based decision-making;
- Experience with drafting policy;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Experience working with students and/or community groups.
How much time is required?
The Board of Directors requires a time commitment that varies weekly, which must fulfill:
- A minimum of 2-4 hours a week in service of the organization;
- At least 1 year on the Board, normal commitment is 2 years;
- One 2-hour meeting or training every other week;
- Participation in Committees and take up a Board Portfolio.
Current OPIRG Board of Director vacancies: 1 Trent Student Member
If interested in becoming an OPIRG Peterborough volunteer Board of Director, please contact the OPIRG Coordinator at and download our Board of Directors Nomination Package.