Volunteer with OPIRG Peterborough
Do you have a passion for social and environmental justice? Do you want to be a part of an anti-oppressive and inclusive space?
As a non-profit, grassroots organization, we rely on the generosity of volunteers to help us with programming and spreading the mission of OPIRG. Our volunteer positions are suited for undergraduates and can be made flexible to accommodate busy and changing schedules. We usually ask that volunteers commit one or two hours per week but are grateful for any time you can commit to!
No prior skills or experience is required to volunteer with OPIRG Peterborough!
Why Volunteer with OPIRG Peterborough?
- Learn about Consensus Based Decision-Making and Anti-Oppression;
- Build your skills in communication, team work, research, community organizing, and more;
- Network and meet like minded individuals;
- When you volunteer with us, you get a free OPIRG t-shirt!
Ways to Volunteer with OPIRG Peterborough
- Support our Green Dishes program – Take inventory, organize, and manage incoming requests for our reusable dish program.
- Outreach and Special Events – Support OPIRG in the planning and promoting our social and environmental justice initiatives and representing OPIRG at in-person and virtual events and activities.
- Graphic Design – do you have any creative skills in design? We are looking for individuals to support the development of content creation and storytelling through social media, video creation, website editing, and more!
We’re looking for volunteers to help with DisOrientation Week 2022
- Putting up posters around downtown Nogojiwanong (Peterborough)
- Putting up posters around Trent University
- Chalking around Trent Campus
- Handing out flyers on the Trent Campus
- Checking Free Market Bins at Trent
- Helping transport clothes/items from One City to Sadleir House
- Free Market and Vegan BBQ Support